Studio Policy for Children under 17 and Parents
I will teach you and your child the language of music. l teach music with this single purpose: so my students will be able to give voice to that which they cannot say and for which they have no words. My studio has a positive and enthusiastic environment.
Student & Family Responsibilities
Students agree to arrive at each lesson punctually, well-prepared, and with their assignment books and music. To make good progress, daily quality practice is necessary. I want you to completely understand every assignment. Please ask questions.
If something is happening at home or school that is affecting your child please let me know. All students are encouraged to play at the two recitals we have each year: the Winter Recital and the Summer Recital. Students must have an piano at home. Keyboards are not acceptable after 1 month of study.
Tuition & Registration fee
Tuition covers not only the actual lesson time spent with the student, but time preparing for each student as well. There is no monthly charge, but Students must pay before the each lesson. Please let me know each month’s schedules if there is any family or school trips.
*In order to retain their place each season, pre-registration fee $ 50.- will be collected when you absent for more than 5 weeks break.
*For the participants of Certificate of Merit program, Preparation and Conference fee $ 50.- will be collected after finishing registration online at new.mtac.org. This fee also covers 3x Theory practice tests, practice test grading, and 2 work shops.
• An individualized plan for each student's course of study
• Training and experience
• Recital Preparation and repertoire planning
• Professional organization memberships
• Music lending library
• Scheduling, contacting by emails, phone calls and texting
• All prizes
When students enroll, they are reserving their place in the studio for the entire year.
Students can earn 0-2 stamps every lesson depending on their home- work’s quality and effort of time on their assignment book. If student collects 5 Stamps, they can earn prize item- kid-friendly, gender neutral and treats. It’s surprisingly effective and motivating.
Summer & Winter Recitals / Summer Camps / Master Classes / Work shops
Sometimes playing the musical instrument can be a little lonesome. It’s wonderful to play an instrument that sounds so good by itself, but opportunities to play with and for others are not as plentiful. To help make up for this, and also because it’s just plain fun, we have master classes about 3 times during the school year.
• A chance to perform for peers in a relaxed setting
• Theory Games
• Ear Training and Theory instruction
• Any lesson that I have to cancel will be made up or a credit will be given.
• No payment credit or makeup lessons will be provided for students who miss lessons for without 24hr notice. Try to choose a lesson time in which you feel confident. Please understand that the tuition you pay reserves an exclusive weekly time in my schedule for your child. Unlike a doctor or a hairdresser, I cannot resell that time nor can I create extra teaching time in which to give lessons.